Good evening, Mukilteo Kiwanis Team!
Thank you to all the club members and guests who woke up early this morning to attend our club meeting. By the way, great presentation by our guest speaker! However, he seemed to have had way too much caffeine this morning. His message: Share your Kiwanis with others to achieve ultimate club growth while retaining our current members to serve more kids and families in our community. YOU LOVE YOUR MUKILTEO KIWANIS!!!
Big thanks to the Lynnwood Kiwanis Club members who did an interclub with us this morning. Thank you, David, Billie, Steven, Sharon, and William! We promise to put together a team to join you at one of your Thursday morning meetings.
My biggest thanks to John Luckovich, George Holser, and Gary Webster for getting to the golf course early every Wednesday (except evening meetings) to set up for our meetings. John and George stay behind after every meeting to tear down. These guys are committed Kiwanians!! Thank you!!
Board meeting scheduled for next week Monday, Nov. 6th, at 7:30am at the Mukilteo YMCA. All members are welcome to attend.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES to Al Zugel-Nov. 2nd, Darbi Van Gerpen – Nov. 10th, Adrian Ramierz-Nov. 13th, John Luckovich-Nov. 16th, Tony McNulty-Nov. 18th, Kathy Valencia-Nov. 25th, Alefa Eserjose-Nov 26th, and Tim Taylor-Nov. 27th.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY WISHES to Miguel & Anita Bernardi – NOV 1ST. Congratulations, and have a great celebration!!
CLUB SERVICE PROJECTS UPDATE
- PACKS FOR KIDS – Congratulations to Oran, Ron J., Wendy G., Carole N., Dana, and other community members for a successful food drive on Saturday. 2 car loads full of groceries/food, and over $700 in cash. WOW!!! Way to go, Team PFK!!! Thank you for your hard work!!
- COCOON HOUSE DINNER – Sunday, Nov. 12th at 5pm. Daphne and Beth are lead chefs. Beth is will be in Hawaii, so Daphne could use some help and food donations. If you can help, please reach out to Daphne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CHRISTMAS STOCKINGS FOR BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB – If you committed to fill a stocking for a child, I have your stocking. Please have your stockings filled and turned in to me by November 15th. We’re going to make lots of kids happy at Christmas!! Thank you! Marcie, I need more stockings please!!
- MUKILTEO KIWANIS FOUNDATION – We have commitments from Gary Webster and Deb Bordsen to serve on the Foundation Board. Thanks, Gary and Deb. We would more club members to serve on the board and review and approve grants and scholarships. Please let Gary or Nancy know if you are interested in improving your resume. 😉
- HOLIDAY GOURMET NUTS – Congratulations to Gary and Team for already selling 13 cases of nuts to a only 1 company. Great job, team!! Sell, sell, sell!!! Donations help fund our scholarship fund so please help out if you can.
- MUKILTEO SCHOOLS FOUNDATION BREAKFAST – Friday, Nov. 10th at 7:30a.m. at the Future of Flight. Tickets are $50. We would like to have a table of 8 Kiwanians at the event. If you would like to attend, please reach out to Ron Johnson at email@example.com. We need to know by this Friday if you would like to attend.
Well, this is it for now! Have a great rest of the week.
Always in service,