Good morning Fellow Kiwanians, and Friends of Mukilteo Kiwanis!
Thank you to all the club members who attended this morning’s club meeting. It was different meeting, but a very good one nonetheless.
Again, huge thanks to our guest speakers today, Peter Zieve, James Yoo, Tony Markey, Sarah Kneller, and Bob Champion, for accepting our invitation to join our meeting this morning, conveying your plans for a better Mukilteo, and sharing your passion and love for the community, City, and its residents. Like each of you, we, too, love our city, and look to you, OUR LEADERS, to serve the needs of the people. Good luck to you all at this evening’s Forum. And, thank you for your professionalism. Very much appreciated, as always!! See you all at the polls on November 7th.
Congratulations to our newest member, Bashar Elali, who was inducted into the club today. Welcome, my friend! We look forward to working with you out in the community and making a positive difference.
My BIGGEST THANKS goes to Rexanne Greenstreet for accepting the role as co-advisor for Kamiak’s Key Club. She and Dana will partner together to support Kamiak Key Clubbers’ community service needs. Go Team!!
COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECTS
- DICTIONARY DELIVERIES – Annie and the Kiwanis Volunteers are hard at work delivering dictionaries to our 3rd graders in our school district. Last week was a huge success. Today is the last day of delivery. It’s great to be a Kiwanian when you affect positively the life of kids, and put a smile on their faces; even for just one a day!!
- PACKS FOR KIDS FOOD DRIVE – Oct. 28th food drive at QFC. 9AM – 3PM. Looking for a couple more volunteers for the 2nd Shift (12pm – 3pm). Please let Oran Smith-Osterman know if you are able to volunteer. This project is to supply our kids with food for the weekend to avoid going without.
- MUKILTEO BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB “ADOPT A STOCKING PROJECT” – Thank you to the members who requested stockings to stuff with gifts for a child in need. This is another opportunity to fill the life of kids with joy this holiday season! Here are the members who requested stockings. Marcie, we’re going to need 18 stockings.
- Nancy Passovoy – 7 stockings
- Pam Taylor -2 (1 boy and 1 girl – both ages 5-7)
- Natalie LaChapelle – 2 (1 boy & 1 girl – both agest 11-13)
- Skip Kidd and Lynette Gardiner – 2 ( 1 boy age 5-7 and 1 girl age 8-10)
- Gloria Smith – 1 girl age 5-7
- Deb Bordsen – 1 boy age 14-18
- Kelly dukes – 1 girl age 14-18
- Wendy Grace – 1 girl age 11-13
- Paul Salas – 1 boy age 5-7
- MARINER HIGH SCHOOL HARVEST FEST CANDY DONATION – Thank you to all the members who donated bags of candy today. I will continue accepting donations through next Wednesday, October 25th. If you would like to donate, please drop your bags off at Cheryl Wynn’s tanning shop directly adjacent to the Tobacco Store which is across from QFC. Let’s continue supporting our High School kids.
- AL DANTICO TREE PLANTING PROJECT – Many thanks to Kiwanis members who participated in last Saturday’s tree planting project in honor of our dear friend and forever Kiwanian, Al Dantico. Thank you!!!!
- HOLIDAY GOURMET NUTS – This is our annual holiday fundraiser. Our net proceeds expected is $2,100; all of which will go towards our scholarship fund for our high school seniors. Please reach out to Gary Webster at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help identify businesses that can benefit from these gifts.
Well, this is it for now!! Have a fantastic day today, and see you all next Wednesday, which is our EVENING MEETING AT SPIROS!!