As you may have heard, I serve on the Board of Directors for the . They are great partners who have done some pretty amazing work helping families in this area who are in difficult situations. During the past 8 weeks, the Mukilteo Beacon, in partnership with their papers in Mill Creek and Edmonds, ran a series of articles about domestic violence that was one of the best I’ve read in years. If you have not already had a chance to read the series, please consider finding the time as this is an important topic that affects many people in our region – even here in “sleepy” Mukilteo. You may find some information in the series that could assist someone you know.
I am passing the information below along to simply let everyone know that DVS is the recipient of a fund raising campaign running this Sunday at the Taco Time locations listed below. If you’d like to help out victims of domestic violence, here is an opportunity.
Rex D. Caldwell, Chief of Police
Mukilteo Police Department
10500 47th Place West
Mukilteo, WA 98275
• Builders Club
– Middle School service clubs
– Harbour Pointe Middle School
• Key Clubs – High School Service Clubs:
– Kamiak High School
– Mariner High School
• Pancake Breakfast & Raffle
• Parking Cars – General Aviation Day
• Parking Cars – Vintage Aviation Weekend
• Hot Dogs and Hamburgers – Mukilteo Chamber Car Show
• Kiwanis Salmon Bake – Mukilteo Lighthouse Festival
• Holiday Gourmet Nuts
• Kiwanis Project Eliminate
• Kiwanis Children’s Cancer Project through Children’s Hospital
• Cocoon House
• Mukilteo Boys & Girls Club
• Camp Killoqua
• Mukilteo YMCA Healthy Kids Day
• Run With The Cops – WA Special Olympics
• Mukilteo Relay for Life – American Cancer Society
• Clothes For Kids
• Packs For Kids
• National Night Out
• Mukilteo Speedway Clean-up
• Mukilteo Community Garden Clean-up
• Mukilteo Food Bank
• Snohomish County Christmas House
• Dictionaries for all 3rd Graders, Mukilteo School District
2015 Cocoon House Schedule
Established in 1991, Cocoon House has been Snohomish County’s only resource exclusively serving homeless and at-risk youth ages 12-24. Established in the believe that every child deserves a home and the opportunity to achieve his or her fullest potential. Cocoon House provides youth housing and other critical community -based services to caregivers, families and the community.
The Mukilteo Kiwanis provides a dinner to Cocoon House once a month. If you are interested in being a Lead Chief, volunteering to help or making a monetary or food donation, please contact Pam Taylor at email@example.com
Below is a schedule of our upcoming dinners.
- June 14th – Tim & Pam
- July 12th – Daphne & Beth
- August 9th – Opening for Lead Chief
- September 13th – Salmon Bake
- October 11th – Matt
- November 8th – Daphne & Beth
- December 13th – Christmas Party ~ Tim & Pam
What does it take to be a lead chef?
1) Agree to lead team 3 or 4 times a year (quarterly) Or if a person only wanted to do it once that’s OK too.
2) Plan a menu
3) Bring menu to meeting as a sign up
4) Arrive at Cocoon House 30 minutes to 1 hour before meal time which is 5 o’clock
5) Serve the kids, join them for dinner, visit/inter act with kids.
we are usually finished by 6pm the kids have KP so they clean up the kitchen.